New Firewall

For expediency, I used the engine cover and bulkhead the car came with when I bought it. It enclosed the entire middle of the car from just behind the front seats.

Since I installed the transverse 3.8 package, there was a huge amount of empty space back there. Now it’s time to change. The new covers will provide room for groceries and rear seats. The reworked brake lines and water pipes were a first step.

Construction will be plywood panels with metal framing. For fire protection, I’ll face the plywood with sheet metal on the engine side.


A.K.A the never-ending story.

I’m re-doing the water pipes to the motor. I’m arranging them so there will be room for back seats and giving them metal ends so the hoses will stay tight. Since PVC wants to creep at engine operating temperature, any hoses that are clamped directly to it must be re-tightened every week or two.

I’m re-doing the brake lines, too. Once I mock up the new firewall, I’ll see if the shift cable needs to move.