Here are graphics related to my focus post.
- The tests were performed with the head assembled and nozzle in place.
- The system used a 5″ focus lens, and the target was placed about 5″ from the nozzle tip.
- Burns were made manually (if I remember correctly) long enough to show a burn pattern in acrylic target.
I really don’t recall what we were looking for. When I made a test with moderately high gas pressure, I couldn’t believe the sharp spike in the middle of the burn.
We made a series of tests, and verified that it happened proportionally with gas pressure at the cutting head. Incredible!
Heh – our very accomplished PhD boss first said “that’s impossible!”